If you would like to request access to view your medical records please complete the form below.
New River Health respects the rights of individuals to have copies of their information wherever possible.
Personal information collected from you by this form, is required to enable your request to be processed, this personal information will only be used in connection with the processing of this Subject Access Request.
Charges Payable: In accordance with legislation no fee will be charged for your request, unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. Before any further action is taken, we will contact you with details of our “reasonable administrative charges” in order to comply with your request.
Non-urgent advice: Patient Notice
– If you are making an application on the behalf of somebody else we require evidence of your authority to do so i.e. personal authority, court order etc.
– It may be necessary to provide evidence of identity (i.e. Driving Licence).
– If there is any doubt about the applicant’s identity or entitlement, information will not be released until further evidence is provided. You will be informed if this is the case.
– Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, requests will be responded to within 30 days after receiving all necessary information and/or fee required to process the request.
– If you are making a request under the Access to Health Records Act 1990, requests will be responded to within 40 days where no entries have been made to the patient/client’s record 40 days immediately preceding the date of this request, otherwise requests will be responded to within 21 days after receiving all necessary information and/or fee required to process the request.
– Under the terms of Section 7 of the Data Protection Act, Information disclosed under a Subject Access Request may have information removed; this is to ensure that the confidentiality is maintained for third parties referred to who have not consented to their information being disclosed.